Lake County Build a Generation is a project of Lake County Health and Human Services. Our mission is to organize Lake County to build a healthier community for youth and families. Our vision is to ensure that Leadville/Lake County is the best place to live in Colorado, because we have:
- Residents who feel empowered to build a healthier community.
- Parents who have high expectations for their children and the tools to help their children grow into healthy adults.
- A community of service providers who collaborate, communicate, are culturally competent and who work together to ensure the sustainability of services.
- A community that takes pride in its healthy behaviors.
A few of our current initiatives include:
- A two-year project to create a Youth Master Plan in collaboration with other agencies.
- An Eyes Wide Open dinner and speaker series on hot parenting topics.
- Know the Truth and Parents You Matter Social Norms campaigns that encourages healthy behaviors by emphasizing positive data about youth and families in our community.
- Safe and alcohol/drug-free events planned by local youth.
- Seat belt checks at the high school twice annually.
- Organizing parents to effect changes in their community through the Parents Active Within Schools (PAWS) group.
- LiveWell Leadville–a project to give Leadville residents more access to healthy eating and active living opportunities.
visit our web site: lcbag.org