Lake County Build a Generation and the Youth Master Plan Coalition are pleased to announce grant recipients for its Spring, 2015 round of Mini Grants. The Lake County Build a Generation Steering Committee was able to award $30,000 in LiveWell Leadville and Youth Master Plan Mini Grants. Awardees are as follows:
- The Leadville Dog Park Committee was awarded a LiveWell Leadville Mini Grant in the amount of $1500 for a project to build a gate in order to construct an off-leash dog park.
- The DOOR Program at the Lake County High School was awarded a Youth Master Plan Mini Grant in the amount of $2928 for a project to launch and promote a composting program and replace Styrofoam with re-usable items at the Lake County High School.
- The Lake County School District Drama Department was awarded $5,000 to produce Beauty and the Beast.
- Full Circle of Lake County was awarded a LiveWell Leadville Mini Grant in the amount of $1618 for a project to fund healthy lunches at Women’s Empowerment Group activities and to introduce the group to bike riding, hiking and physical activities. Full Circle was also awarded a Youth Master Plan grant for $4860 to facilitate out-of-school pro-social structured activities in 2015-16: monthly mentor/mentee activities, weekly after school activities, quarterly community service projects and summer activities.
- Head Start Policy Council was awarded a LiveWell Leadville Mini Grant in the amount of $1594 for its project to jumpstart preschoolers’ knowledge of growing and eating healthy foods with classroom garden kits.
- The Inspire Success Indoor Soccer Project was awarded a LiveWell Leadville Mini Grant in the amount of $2000 to begin renovation on a building at the First Baptist Church in order to construct an Indoor Soccer Field ($1,000 toward clean-up and $1,000 towards the initial electrical equipment).
- Leadville Nordic was awarded a Youth Master Plan Mini Grant in the amount of $3600 for a project to purchase Nordic equipment for the youth rental program.
- The Lake County Recreation Department was awarded a Leadville Mini Grant in the amount of $1900 to hold Swim Safety Week and give scholarships for swim lessons.
- St. George Episcopal Church was awarded a LiveWell Leadville Mini Grant in the amount of $5000 to purchase tables and chairs for the Community Meal; refinish the wood flooring in the dining area; and to purchase or pick up donations of fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat.
Lake County Build a Generation is very grateful to the funders who have provided the funding for this round of mini grants: LiveWell Colorado and the El Pomar Foundation. Many thanks also to the members of the Lake County Build a Generation Steering Committee—Greg Labbe, Becca Katz, Annie Livingston-Garrett, Andrea Carlstrom, Kristal Bertonneau, Colleen Nielsen, Janeen McGee, Dolores Semsack, Abby Long, and Jackie Duba—who reviewed applications.
One more round of Mini Grants will be awarded in 2015. For more information, please visit www.lcbag.org and click on the “Grants” tab.